The Statement of Information About Car Insurance
The statement of information is a summary, dated, of all the information relating to the conduct of an insured. In summary, the curriculum vitae of the insured driver, the reference document retracing his career. What is it for and how can I get it?
In the case of car insurance, the information statement shows all claims reported in the past five years, including the number of claims, the nature of the claims (including ice break-ups), their date and the number of claims. Level of responsibility of the main driver.
This document is useful to insurers to check the coefficient of bonus/malus of their new insured but also to drivers wishing to take over the bonds acquired in the previous contract, for example, to mitigate a ” premium young driver ” in the case of a young motorist who used his parent’s vehicle before.
In summary, the statement states:
- The registration number of the insured car, the vehicle mark, the date of entry into circulation …
- the designated driver (s) of the insured vehicle (civil status, date of birth),
- the driving license references and the date of obtaining,
- the date of subscription of the last contract,
- The bonus/penalty coefficient applied to the last annual payment …
- the nature of all claims over the last five years
How to get his statement?
A statement of information may be requested from his insurance company at any time even if there is no termination of the contract. Kept at the car insurer, it is issued:
- On simple request of the subscriber of the contract, under article 12 of the appendix to article A 121-1 of the Insurance Code.
- If one of the two parties denounce the car insurance agreement, this document is essential if the driver wishes to terminate his contract to change insurance. This is the main reason for requests for information.
- The information statement can be sent at the end of the contract.
On simple request of the subscriber of the contract, under article 12 of the appendix to article A 121-1 of the Insurance Code.
- Better to Pay by Credit Cards
- Loans No Paperwork Instant Cash – Instant Relief Provider
- Get More Working Capital to Grow your Business
If one of the two parties denounce the car insurance contract. This document is essential if the driver wishes to terminate his contract to change insurance. This is the main reason for requests for information.
The information statement can be sent at the end of the contract.
In case of misrepresentation
If a claim occurs between the time the former insurer issued the statement and the time the insured takes out new insurance, the claim must be reported. Failure to report it exposes you to a cancellation of the auto contract for misrepresentation. This implies that if the insured knows a new claim, the latter will not be covered by the insurance. Also, premiums already paid by the insured will be retained by the insurer. The verification is not necessarily done with the subscription of the contract. On the other hand, be certain that this verification will be done when a serious disaster will have to be compensated.